Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Barzani: There is no room for a lifetime presidency in Kurdistan, and I will continue my duties unti

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Barzani: There is no room for a lifetime presidency in Kurdistan, and I will continue my duties unti Empty Barzani: There is no room for a lifetime presidency in Kurdistan, and I will continue my duties unti

Post by Rocky Mon 08 Aug 2022, 7:24 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]Barzani: There is no room for a lifetime presidency in Kurdistan, and I will continue my duties until the region's constitution is amended[/size]

[size=45]The President of the Kurdistan Region, Massoud Barzani, said that “it is not permissible to allow a lifelong presidency in Kurdistan,” stressing that “the people are the ones who decide their fate, and no one has the right to confiscate that right.”
    This came in a message addressed to the Kurdish people, which was published on the official website of the Kurdistan Region Presidency on Tuesday.
    Barzani said: "Out of respect for the votes of the majority of the political blocs in the region's parliament and not to embarrass them, I will continue my duties temporarily until the fourth session of the Kurdistan Parliament begins and the region's constitution is amended."
    He added, "The parliament in the Kurdistan region, after the upcoming parliamentary elections on September 21, 2013, must find the necessary mechanisms to reach consensus on amending the region's constitution and electing the president of the region within less than a year."
    Barzani explained in his message that "after completing the amendments, a new president will be elected for the Kurdistan region who will gain the confidence of the people of Kurdistan," noting that he and his deputy, Kosrat Rasul and the office of the presidency of the region will cooperate with the presidency of the new parliament for this purpose.
    The opposition Kurdish blocs said they would announce their position on Barzani's message on Wednesday.
    Prior to Barzani's message, the political bureaus of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan and the Kurdistan Democratic Party held a joint meeting today, Tuesday, in the city of Sulaymaniyah.
    Kurdish party sources said that "the meeting was held under the supervision of Kosrat Rasul Ali, the first deputy secretary-general of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, and Nechirvan Barzani, the deputy head of the Kurdistan Democratic Party."[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 01 Oct 2024, 7:22 am