Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Al-Moussawi warns of a 70% drop in Iraq’s water imports

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Al-Moussawi warns of a 70% drop in Iraq’s water imports Empty Al-Moussawi warns of a 70% drop in Iraq’s water imports

Post by Rocky Sun 31 Dec 2023, 9:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [size=52]Al-Moussawi warns of a 70% drop in Iraq’s water imports[/size]
    • Today 18:15

Information/Private.. 
    Water expert Tahseen al-Moussawi confirmed today, Sunday, that Iraq's water imports have decreased to more than 70% of the percentages that entered Iraq via the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, while he confirmed that Turkey is proceeding with the construction of 22 new dams during the coming period. 
    Al-Moussawi said in an interview with the Maalouma Agency, “The construction of these dams violates international agreements in general, and the tripartite agreement to regulate water in particular,” noting that “completion of the construction of the Turkish Ilisu Dam will slaughter the Tigris River after the decline it has reached.” 
    He continued, "The water situation is very difficult while we are in the winter, so what is the situation with the arrival of the summer," pointing out that "the country is suffering for the fourth consecutive season from a deadly crisis that has struck many aspects that live on water." 
    Al-Moussawi added: “In addition to the arbitrariness and cutting off water quotas from Iraq, the country has been affected by the global drought crisis,” adding that “the proportions of water resources have decreased to more than 70% of the proportions that used to enter Iraq through the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.” 
    The leader of the Al-Fatah Alliance, Mahmoud Al-Hayani, accused, in an interview with the Al-Ma’louma Agency, “Turkey of creating a drought crisis in Iraq through the illegal dams it built recently,” while he stressed that the issue of cutting off Iraq’s water quotas requires international pressure in order to end it. Ended 25/y

Current date/time is Tue 01 Oct 2024, 9:44 pm