Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Revival of the festival "Baghdad Dar es Salaam" near the banks of the Tigris

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Revival of the festival "Baghdad Dar es Salaam" near the banks of the Tigris Empty Revival of the festival "Baghdad Dar es Salaam" near the banks of the Tigris

Post by Rocky Mon 18 Sep 2017, 1:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Revival of the festival "Baghdad Dar es Salaam" near the banks of the Tigris

 Baghdad / AFP 

Inside a park on the banks of the Tigris River, hundreds of Iraqis have re-opened the seventh edition of the Baghdad Peace Festival in the center of the capital, which has been without violence for years. One of the organizers of the festival Karar Haider told AFP on Saturday that the aim of the rally was to "change the negative image of Baghdad." The 23-year-old Iraqi added that the festival "benefits from the creative energy of young people." Haidar was surrounded by drawings and calligraphers, and a small booth for craftsmen. Security forces strictly control the arrival of participants and inspect women and men of all ages.

Despite the barbed wire at the entrance, the young Abdelkader Saadoun, 25, said the festival was an entertainment area "because of our wars and violence." Young people, who make up more than 60 percent of the Iraqi population, frequently complain about the lack of places of expression and entertainment in a city beset by security barriers and concrete blocks for fear of any attack or possible attack. Mona Jafal, a 23-year-old student, said the peace festival "is a place for young people to meet even if they are not the same."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 29 Jun 2024, 12:37 am