Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The secret behind the increasing number of foreigners coming to Iraq... What is the story of "dark d

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The secret behind the increasing number of foreigners coming to Iraq... What is the story of "dark d Empty The secret behind the increasing number of foreigners coming to Iraq... What is the story of "dark d

Post by Rocky Sat 24 Aug 2024, 4:22 am

[size=35][size=35]The secret behind the increasing number of foreigners coming to Iraq... What is the story of "dark death tourism"?[/size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [/size]

Science and world

[size][size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/size]
    2024-08-24 | 02:37
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [/size]

Alsumaria News - Science and World

During the past 3 years, it has become very noticeable how much tourism has revived in Iraq by foreign tourists from Europe, Australia or even America, while this recovery was mostly attributed to the improvement of the security situation in Iraq as well as to the visit of the Pope of the Vatican to Iraq and the city of Ur in 2021.

[ltr]

0 seconds of 0 seconds Volume 0%

[/ltr]

But what is really happening and the secret behind this increasing influx of foreign tourists to Iraq has another side that is not related to the improvement of the security situation in Iraq or the visit of the Pope of the Vatican, but rather it is a new behavior that has begun to spread among the “rich and travel lovers in the world”, called “dark tourism”, and it is not limited to Iraq only, but also to Afghanistan and a number of regions in Africa that have witnessed many conflicts, as this trend has recently begun to revive with the desire of tourists to visit countries that have witnessed conflicts, and tourists do not want to feel luxurious from these visits, but rather to get to know the difficult life and the nature of the people there, as well as the feeling of risk.

New South Wales, Australia, travel agent David Smith says that among wealthy retirees who have traveled extensively, there are many who want to visit these dangerous places, the New York Post reported.

Smith Forward Travel has long specialized in offering customized tours to unique, off-the-beaten-path destinations, and the company has offered expeditions to the Arctic and trips to remote areas of Patagonia. However, about a year ago, the company launched packages to Afghanistan, Iraq and West Africa.

David Smith, the company’s agent, noticed the photos tourists were sharing on social media, which inspired him to meet representatives from “dangerous” countries at ITB, the world’s leading travel trade show in Berlin, Germany. He was then invited to visit Iraq and see it for himself.

“Iraq was a real discovery for me,” said Mr Smith. “I have visited 100 countries and I can honestly say that the people of Iraq were the friendliest and most hospitable. They were so happy to know that Westerners only wanted to visit their country, not invade it or steal its antiquities.”

He added: “I spent 14 days travelling from[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]“From Iraq to Kurdistan, from a historical immersion point of view, it was simply amazing, I can say I visited the cradle of human civilisation.”

Smith said the tourism market in Afghanistan, Iraq and West Africa is growing with increasing demand, but is still in its infancy in terms of the number of tourists coming.

Interestingly, these former war zones are very popular with older Australian military retirees, aged between 60 and 70.

Smith said these countries are not cheap to visit and are not suitable for the inexperienced traveller. People who have travelled extensively before, often dreaming of extreme trips, but were unable to reach the countries they were interested in due to political instability there, are often interested in such routes, and now they have the time, money and opportunity: “These are people who don’t ask things like, ‘We have $5,000, what can I get? ’ They say straight away, ‘I want to see this, how much will it cost me? ’ However, they are not looking for luxury.

“These travellers want to see how the people live,” Smith said. “Locals are happy to stay in ordinary houses, living in the simplest conditions, if it leads them to that temple in the middle of the jungle they read about in a book,”

Smith said. These destinations attract educated history and culture buffs who know exactly what they want, and are drawn to the mystery.

The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs has issued an official travel warning for Iraq and Afghanistan, with a level four warning being the highest, which reads: “Do not travel to Iraq, including the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, due to the volatile security situation and the threat of terrorism, armed conflict, kidnapping and violent crime.” Regarding Afghanistan, the website warns: “Do not travel to Afghanistan due to the extremely dangerous security situation and the very high threat of terrorism and kidnapping.”

Smith advises travelers looking to travel to exotic and dangerous destinations to carefully research all local customs and potential risks, consult experts and discuss their destination in detail, register with their consulate before departure, use common sense when navigating unfamiliar areas, and always follow the advice of a local guide.

Risk is attractive

There are always tourists looking to travel to dangerous places or sites of recent conflict, said Dr. David Berman, an expert in risk management in tourism.

“We have a whole movement called ‘dark tourism’ or ‘death tourism’ where people go to places where terrible things have happened, whether it’s the site of a natural disaster or an old Nazi concentration camp,” said Dr. Berman.

He worked for the Israeli government’s tourism bureau in Australia, New Zealand and the Southwest Pacific from 1994 to 2006, and said the first question he was asked was, “Is it safe?” A

big part of his job was telling travelers what was absolutely safe and what they should wisely avoid, but there were travelers who had no fear, says Berman.“There was always a small group of people who wanted to go to the most dangerous places, for example on the border with Syria, Lebanon or Gaza, and were somehow excited by this possibility.”

He believes government advice not to travel can sometimes have the opposite effect on people, saying: “There will always be people who think, ‘Oh, everyone is telling me I shouldn’t go there, so what’s the problem, I’ll go,’” adding that this type of travel is often mainly available to wealthy amateurs, as the financial costs of such travel have always been high.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 12 Sep 2024, 9:16 pm