Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Agriculture: The halving of the cultivated area pushes us to increase imports

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Agriculture: The halving of the cultivated area pushes us to increase imports Empty Agriculture: The halving of the cultivated area pushes us to increase imports

Post by Rocky Sat 30 Oct 2021, 6:54 am

Agriculture: The halving of the cultivated area pushes us to increase imports

•  Time: 10/30/2021 08:39:41

•  Reading: 1,027 times

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

{Local: Al Furat News} The Ministry of Agriculture has reduced its plan for the current year in half after the decline in water releases, which are not enough to cultivate six million dunams, as was the case during the past year, which raises fears of a decline in food security in the country.
    Hamid Al-Nayef, a spokesman for the Ministry of Agriculture, explained in a press statement that "the agricultural plan for this year has shrunk by 50% from last year, ie, an area of ​​two million five hundred thousand acres only." 
    He added, "The reason for the reduction is attributed to the Ministry of Water Resources, which confirmed that the water revenues are not sufficient to prepare an agricultural plan of an area of ​​six million acres prepared by our ministry." 
    Al-Nayef pointed out that "most of the Iranian tributaries were transferred to Iran, which led to the deprivation of Diyala Governorate from the agricultural plan for this year," pointing to "the trend towards aggressively importing any crop in the event of its scarcity in the markets or high prices." 
    For their part, the agricultural associations in Iraq demanded pressure on the two neighbors, Iran and Turkey, to share the damage and release sufficient quantities of water in order to implement summer and winter agricultural plans. its borders, which leads to reliance on wells for agriculture and irrigation, which negatively affects the groundwater reserves. 
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 01 Oct 2024, 11:29 pm