Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Norway Provides New Financial Aid To Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Norway Provides New Financial Aid To Iraq Empty Norway Provides New Financial Aid To Iraq

Post by Rocky Sat 25 Jun 2022, 5:36 am

[size=38]Norway Provides New Financial Aid To Iraq
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    LAST UPDATE 06/24/2022 | 3:16 PM
    [/size]

Information / Baghdad..
    The United Nations announced, on Friday, that the Government of Norway made a new contribution of 70 million Norwegian kroner (about 7.5 million US dollars) to the Stabilization Program for the Liberated Areas of the United Nations Development Program in Iraq, which supports stability, durable solutions and the safe return of the displaced. Inside Iraq in the five provinces liberated from ISIS.
    According to a statement issued by the United Nations today, this is Norway's 14th contribution to the Stabilization Program for the liberated areas since 2015, bringing the total support provided to more than 72 million US dollars. Norway's previous contributions supported the implementation of 131 vital projects in the liberated areas, benefiting more than 3 million people.
    Zina Ali Ahmed, Resident Representative of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), said, “We express our gratitude to the Government of Norway for this additional and timely contribution to the programme, especially with the extension of the program’s work mandate to 2023, when it is estimated that the funding required for the most important and priority remaining needs About 300 million US dollars for the period between 2022-2023 in order to meet the remaining stabilization needs of critical importance to the five liberated governorates, namely Anbar, Diyala, Nineveh, Kirkuk and Salah al-Din, adding, “We believe that continued support is critical to securing the stability of Iraq, which is still weak. ”
    Ahmed added: “With the generous support provided by donors such as Norway and in partnership with the Iraqi government, the United Nations Development Program was able to rehabilitate more than 3,100 important projects to achieve stability throughout the liberated areas, and looking to the future, we are focusing on the necessary needs remaining in priority sites and sectors and working on Find durable solutions to protect hard-earned stability gains since 2015 and target the most vulnerable displaced people.”
    The Norwegian Ambassador to Jordan and Iraq, Espen Lindbeck, says: “I am very impressed with the work that UNDP is doing in Iraq and the very tangible results achieved over the years. The FFS program has ensured that many Iraqis return to their homes in a safe, sustainable and dignified manner. Norway is proud of this partnership and is pleased to support the stabilization program for liberated areas in its final stages. I strongly encourage the Iraqi government to take over the work of the stabilization program for the liberated areas to ensure the continuity and sustainability of the gains made, and the safe return of the displaced Iraqis.”
    In addition to the rehabilitation of basic infrastructure and basic services, the Stabilization Program in 2022 focuses more on enhancing livelihoods and employment opportunities by rehabilitating infrastructure supporting productive sectors, such as agriculture and small industries, as well as supporting the capabilities of their local government counterparts. /25 SR

Current date/time is Mon 30 Sep 2024, 5:40 am