Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Sources of election campaign funds

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Sources of election campaign funds Empty Sources of election campaign funds

Post by Rocky Sat 04 Nov 2023, 7:10 am

Sources of election campaign funds

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

On the occasion of the season of provincial council elections in Iraq, my attention was drawn while I was browsing social media sites, the size of the expensive projects and activities undertaken by some candidates, despite the fact that most of them are simple government employees on the financial and intellectual levels. I remembered the saying of US President Ronald Reagan when he said, “It was narrated in the past that Politics is the second oldest profession in history, and I realized that it is very similar to the first profession.”
    The culture of free elections in Iraq is almost non-existent, despite the many sessions, due to the people’s lack of confidence in the parties and the lack of awareness of the priorities of state building, as the volume of public participation depends on the amount of funding that attracts beneficiaries, regardless of the nature of the electoral programs and the candidates’ slogans.
    In Iraq's flawed and chaotic democracy, previously "commissions" on public money from financing government contracts and exploiting state institutions were the main source in supporting the emergence and sustainability of some parties and electoral campaigns, especially those supported by armed parties. But now, after two decades have passed since the throes of the political process that was born in 2003, other elements of funding sources have entered. It is the drug smuggling trade, the size of whose market in Iraq exceeds one billion dollars annually, according to Bloomberg reports, and the royalties paid to the owners of illegal weapons on the imports of nightclubs and lounges. Gambling, prostitution and brothels.
    These sources of funding undermined the efforts of national candidates and undermined their chances due to the lack of a fair and equal competitive atmosphere, and dwarfed their presence in popular circles compared to electoral campaigns financed with hustling money. It also distorted the priorities of the voter to the point that he was tempted by false propaganda and temporary projects funded by suspicious parties (internal and external) aimed at penetrating the political process to create a class that blackmails the executive authority and threatens the sovereignty of the state. It was confronted by people who were intellectually and professionally simple, or who had a fictitious and miserable history, to be dependent on the hands of the parties financing the implementation of the plan. Their agendas in the provincial councils and the House of Representatives. Here we ask, where is the role of oversight institutions in all this farce that is falsely called “democratic elections”?!!
    I mentioned in a previous article that “reforming Iraq depends on reforming elections.” He was right when he said, “I realized that [politics] is the second oldest profession and is very similar to the first profession.”
    This is a call for the Integrity Commission, the High Elections Commission, and the judicial institution to verify the sources of funding for parties and candidates to ensure equal opportunities, achieve justice, combat corrupt political money, and ensure the sovereignty of the Iraqi state.

Views 80
    Added 11/04/2023 - 12:39 PM
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 30 Sep 2024, 5:29 am