Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

2 posters

Iraqis are waiting for the value of the Iraqi dinar to rise after decades of collapse

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraqis are waiting for the value of the Iraqi dinar to rise after decades of collapse Empty Iraqis are waiting for the value of the Iraqi dinar to rise after decades of collapse

Post by Rocky Tue 14 Feb 2023, 8:27 am

[size=38]Iraqis are waiting for the value of the Iraqi dinar to rise after decades of collapse[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

February 14, 2023[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Baghdad / Obelisk: Iraqis hope to raise the value of the Iraqi dinar against the US dollar, after the exchange rate reached 1,700 dinars against one dollar, and this prompted the government to make a controversial decision, making the exchange value of the dollar about 1,300 Iraqi dinars.
    The appearance of Muhammad Salih, the financial advisor to the Prime Minister, confirms that the decision is commensurate with the increase in the current account of the balance of payments, as well as supporting the increase in foreign reserves, which touched $115 billion.
    Before 2003, the year in which Saddam's regime fell, the Iraqi dinar became worthless in the global market.
    However, there are those who see in the decision repercussions on the ability to pay public financial expenditures if crude oil prices decline.
    The International Monetary Fund required the Iraqi government in 2020 to implement a package of economic reforms, including changing the exchange rate for a period of 5 years.
    The economist, Salam Sumaisem, talks about important conclusions, which is providing subsidized dollars to banks, and they will obtain profits that satisfy them after days of drought. The concerned authorities will also receive the Iraqi dinar, which qualifies them to pay their expenses, especially salaries, in order to pass the 2023 budget  .

And the former deputy, Hoshyar Abdullah, says that those who have control and influence over the market are trying to break the Iraqi dinar in favor of the dollar! Because all their imports, especially oil, are in dollars, and their real estate transactions are in dollars, and their transfers are in dollars. Indeed, some of them do not even know how to deal in dinars.

The writer, Falah Al-Mashaal, says that raising the price of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar is an important step for the Sudanese government, if we consider it an achievement to bear the price difference of approximately 10%, which relieves the burden of citizens, provided that there is a decrease in the prices of rising materials, so that it becomes a beneficial step for everyone.

Hisham al-Rikabi, advisor to Prime Minister Muhammad al-Sudani, considered that the government's battle against speculators and hard currency dealers enjoys internal and external political support, and that the process of controlling commercial transactions according to global contexts continues, and the Iraqi economy will not be determined by shop brokers and street speculators, but only by the state.
    The Iraqi dinar suffered from decline during the era of the previous regime, and after the invasion of Kuwait, the government began to obey the dinar in Iraqi printing presses, which led to the spread of currency counterfeiting and a complete collapse of the value of the Iraqi dinar, which reached about four thousand dinars to one dollar.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Bama Diva
    Bama Diva

Iraqis are waiting for the value of the Iraqi dinar to rise after decades of collapse Empty Re: Iraqis are waiting for the value of the Iraqi dinar to rise after decades of collapse

Post by Bama Diva Tue 14 Feb 2023, 4:42 pm

The International Monetary Fund required the Iraqi government in 2020 to implement a package of economic reforms, including changing the exchange rate for a period of 5 years.”

I wasn’t keeping up with the dinar during this time, so did not know the above fact. This explains a lot when I read articles now  that indicates that Iraq planned on the 1450 or 1470 for five years. I wonder if Iraq is still under this mandate? Anyone know?? Thanks 

Nakluagator and Diamond like this post

Current date/time is Mon 30 Sep 2024, 3:25 pm