Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

US Institute: Low oil prices will make the task of rebuilding Iraq very difficult

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

US Institute: Low oil prices will make the task of rebuilding Iraq very difficult Empty US Institute: Low oil prices will make the task of rebuilding Iraq very difficult

Post by Rocky Thu 22 Nov 2018, 3:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

US Institute: Low oil prices will make the task of rebuilding Iraq very difficult

The US Foreign Policy Research Institute published a report on the reconstruction of public works infrastructure in Iraq after the defeat of the terrorist organization Da'ash. "The drop in oil prices will make reconstruction of the public works infrastructure in Iraq very difficult without extensive institutional change," he said.
    Frank R. Gunther, a senior fellow at the Foreign Policy Research Institute in the Middle East, a professor of economics at Lehigh University, reported on the reconstruction of Iraq.
    The report examines the challenges of rebuilding the public works infrastructure in Iraq following the "perfect storm" of a resurgent insurgency and low oil prices.
     "The main challenge is that the $ 88 billion estimate by the Government of Iraq is a far lower estimate of overall reconstruction costs," says the author of the report.
    "The demand for infrastructure in the country to replace what was destroyed during four decades of conflict at a time when the state was busy expanding the oil industry was affected by mismanagement, market failure and corruption."
    "At the same time, investment in infrastructure is constrained not only by insufficient funding, but also by the severe shortage of skilled labor, the inefficiency of state-owned enterprises and a hostile legal environment for the private sector in Iraq," he said.
    "Even if we assume that there will not be a rebellion as a successor to a wimpy, predicting a decade or more of lower oil prices will make reconstruction of public works infrastructure in Iraq very difficult without extensive institutional change," the report said.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 30 Sep 2024, 3:31 pm